pink ribbons and rocks

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Finally I post

Well, I know I've been busy with some other things lately, but I have been meaning to post here.

I'm not really sure what to say though. My mom is the best. Leave it to her to take my mind off of getting a year old and entering my 30s. Although I still had some pretty powerful emotions to deal with on my bday. Having her sing me happy birthday as soon as I woke up made me smile. Having her tell me she had breast cancer did not.

It's true that I wanted to know and I'm glad she told me when she did. Luckily my friend Jane was still here. So I got up, walked the dog, emptied the dishwasher and then told Jane. She was really great to have here, since she went through the same thing. Five years ago her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I think all of us - Mom, Dad, Jen and I - are all dealing with this pretty well.

Tomorrow is the surgery and I really wish that I could be there. But, as mom instructed, I'm staying here. I'm sure she knows, but my thoughts and prayers will be with her tomorrow and I hope that all goes well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home